I'm Cécile Agu, art market expert and president of SARL Riviera Fine Art, based in Monaco since 2021.
Passionate about the history of art and jewelry, I have been an independent appraiser for 20 years. I am also a member of the of the Gemmological Association of Great Britain since 2008.
Since then, I've seen the world of contemporary art and luxury change profoundly. The tastes and values of artworks are moving away from what we knew before 2000. With the arrival of new technologies and the power of social networks, the movement is accelerating. Artists under the age of 40 are daring to move towards a new aesthetic that goes beyond the boundaries of traditional art.
To help you understand ultra- or neo-contemporary trends, I'll give you some examples in our "Autour d'un café" meetings. Artificial intelligence, blockchain and non-fungible tokens are becoming part of our daily lives.
We began our activities in the Principality of Monaco with the idea of passing on the values of expertise and conservation of precious objects. Luxury brand watches and jewelry, as well as fine art photography, represent the excellence of the know-how we wish to continue to promote .
For us, luxury and fine art are merging on several levels. Firstly, art objects and luxury items will come together on the art and second-hand markets in 2023. Buying one or the other is part of the French Riviera's idea of the art of living.
To preserve and pass on our iconic valuables, we've created the Riviera Fine Art online luxury boutique to find other homes that will continue this quest.
Genuine second-hand watches and jewelry
In 2022, we've selected a range of luxury brand watches, jewelry and bags. Iconic on the second-hand market, we recognize them easily.
Every item from the best-known brands such as Rolex, Cartier and Hermès has been authenticated and justified by us.
Fine-art photographs certified with the nft keeex.art passport
Then we opened a fine art photography department. We support established artists inspired by the Côte d'Azur. In exchange, they entrust the exclusivity of their limited series to the Riviera Fine Art online boutique.
Discover fine-art photography of the Riviera in the luxury E-Boutique: here .
Web3 eco-system acculturation workshops
- Blockchain and artificial intelligence are transforming our vision of how physical and intangible assets are valued.
- We're entering the age of the social network extension, with several intertwining domains. First there's the Bitcoin blockchain and the Bitcoin crypto-currency, which entered the real economy the day a pizza could be bought with Bitcoin on May 22, 2010.
- Then in 2021, artist Beeple sold a digital work of art in crypto-currency online for the first time in history through a public auction house. This work, estimated at $200, went for $69 million 15 days later! It was an aesthetic shock on several levels. Since then, NFTs (non-fungible tokens) have evolved in several directions. We're talking about the tokenization of the market and new consumer practices in commerce.
- The masterclass, presented by Cécile Agu, explores the theme of photographers and NFT. Metaverse worlds take us into the future uses expected from the future economic model known as "web3".
Jewelry design workshops
- The story of Rivera Fine Art begins with the workshop for the creation of personalized jewelry on demand.
- The E-creation jewelry workshop offers a unique experience. By choosing the color and shape of the gemstones, we guide you towards their realization. This is how we use digital tools. More precisely, we co-create with you the jewel of your dreams in hybrid face-to-face and online appointments.
- We use specialized 3D jewelry software in collaboration with an in-house workshop, then WhatsApp to communicate with you throughout the decision-making process.